Beiträge von iowan

Pole

I can speak and read deutsch but I can best express my written ideas in my native language English. I have been a fan of 1FCK since 1967 and I have been to a few hundred home games over the years. Thanks to the internet I can even see FCK games when I am back in the USA. This season I have been able to get to one home game (Frankfurt) and the rest I watched on TV.

I am a fan and not an expert . However, I feel the 1FCK has an excellent chance to finish either 1st, 2nd or 3rd this season. Why?

1. We now have a excellent pressing power offense to go along a super defense. This defense saved us from ending up in 3rd division.

2. Our team on a normal day can beat every team in the league.

3. We have a team that can win every home game this season (51 points).

4. We also have a team which now can win away from home. 18 points more is not unrealistic.

5. The players are hungry, have a strong will to win, have an excellent team spirit, and don't give up if they fall behind but fight back.

6. The team has not peaked but has been slowly improving each game.

I think every 1FCK fan hope my prediction will come true but are openly afraid to admit it. Why? Who knows? I have seen no experts in this forum but a few people who may think they are but are not. I know there are alot fans here. So be fan it is more fun and if we are wrong at the end of the season about the aufsteig who cares. No one including me really expected it to happen at the start of the season.:schild: :schild: :schild: :schild:

A young player starting out in a new club, new city, and new league who didn't even speak German. It is hard for even a traveled pro to make such an adjustment. You should also not forget the team we had last season was sometimes so bad that even Klose would have had problems scoring goals. He has talent and now has confidence and is now playing a much better team this season. :daumen: I expect a number goals from him this season. Both S.K. and M.S. must have beleived he had alot of talent or they would have put him on the unwanted list at end of last season.