Beiträge von iowan

The team has the potential to be one of the top three teams in the league this year, if not the top team. However, it depends upon whether we play good offfensive combination football similar to what was played the first 14 games of last season. During those 14 games we had between 20 to 30 scoring chances per game thanks to good combination play. Starting with game 15 the tactical decision made by MS was to play kick long and pray we score and the other team does not. This tactic not only cost us finishing in the top three last season but it also cost MS his job.

Sepple 2

How can a winning tactic which is offensive pressing be the wrong tactic, if you were playing the tactic correctly. Could it be MS didn't have all the tools (players) for his toolbox. Got to go and watch the other Red Devils and they have the players to offensive pressing excellently.

I have a question which may worthwhile discussing. A trainer has his team playing a tactic which is winning games as was the case early this season. None of the wins were lucky but were well deserved with 20 plus goal chances and the other team had four or five goal chances. The team slowly starts to lose the early season effectiveness. Could it be problems were the type that no one can control such as loss of players for injury or illness, players lossing their form, a new player not having condition to play an offensive pressing tactic ? I seriouly doubt any trainer would change a winning tactic of own free will.

I will be willing to contact Sir Alex to come in and replace Milan. Of course it only take eight or nine million for salary and he would need two hundered million to buy players. It would take a year or two for him to get us in 1st league and another five and six years to get us a championship team.

Are you expert trainers for real or have you been smoking something? I realize you have trained a number of top clubs and have won x numbers of championships teams so I am truely impressed with your tactical knowledge and evalution of the team and the trainer's capabilties.

Since this forum lives on rumors and people in the forum can not and do not beleive something printed in black in white as the case "Captain gives full gas" article, I going to start a new rumor which users can discuss for the next 20 sides.

The rumor is that the grand mother from Bello told a friend in New York that this interview was not with Bello but rather with a guy from the planet Mars. Bello was about ready to sign a 200,000 Euro a week contract with Man U. The reason Bello has not been playing was not because Bello had been injuryed and has not been 100% since early December but rather because MS is mad at Bello for not kissing him the shower. Once they kiss and make up, Bello will get his starting job back.

@ Todor

I was not saying Paljic, Sam and Demai could never play a pressing tactic but rather pointing out their current weaknesses. I feel given time and training all three could potentially play this type of tactic.

Sasic took over players who played for one or two past trainer and had to mold them into team and did an ok job. This last summer SK and MS sat down and developed a tactical concept for the future. They decided who was to leave in June 08 and they kept those players who they could be molded into this new tactical concept for future. If my countrymen Robles could not make it, it would be sad for him but he would accept the fact that he was beat out by better players. I would not blame MS for not giving him a fair chance because I know MS wants to coach the FCK in the 1st league just like every player on the team wants be playing in 1st league and will give the FCK 100% to reach that goal. If Sasic is bad trainer, then tell me he doing wrong as a trainer.

@ Mulle

Thanks for your translation hit it 100 per cent and hope fans will start discussing whether the offensive pressing tactic is a good or bad tactic and what type player is needed to play the tactic. They may then see Dzaka's role with different eyes.

Everyone agrees that Dzaka is not a classic 10er in the FCK tactical concept. So what tacical concept is MS having the team play? I see an equally shared mid field offensive with an extreme pressing tactic. The pressing tactic is designed to keep the ball and opposing team in their defensive end of the field for 80 to 90 per cent of the game. You do this by good one-on-one defense and taking away passing lanes. This tactic requires four mid field players who can play both equally strong offense and defense. Bello, Dick and Dzaka are very strong both offensively and defensively and fit very well into this tactical concept . Sam and Paljic are strong on offensive but weak on their defense. Demai is strong on defense but weak on offense. I think both SK and MS felt we needed mid field players who were both strong on offense and defense and felt that Muller, Fuchs and Bilek could better fit into the tactical pressing concept. I see Dzaka is meeting his tactical responsibilities as defined by MS. Can you say Sam or Paljic fully meet their defensive responsibilities? I think the offensive pressing tactic is a super tactic and I beleive Dzaka plays a key role in this tactic.

For those people who said MS stated Dzaka was our future play maker, I would like to read your source. The only thing I have read is that MS stated " Dzaka fit into his tactical concept". MS is using an offensive pressing tactical concept which required mid fielders to share offense and defensive reposibilities. I beleive the german national team use the same shared mid field offense but does not do extreme offensive pressing.

No one knows what the future holds and no one can predict what will happen in the future. In January 2008 I was praying that we would not be playing in 3rd league in the next season and all of the experts said it was going to happen. In January 2009 fans are now hoping we will be playing the 1st league next season and so called experts can only perdict but have no clue. In January 2010 ????? no one has a clue. As a fan I saw that the 1st half of the season the team played some good football but the team had some problems at the end maintaining the offensive pressing tactic but it could still win. I also saw that the new players who joined the team in late August and Josh and Bugera did not have the condition needed in order to play an offensive pressing the entire 1st half of the season. I also saw both SK and MS knew what the problems were and in the mid season break went out and got the type players we needed to help correct the problems. I expect MS to go back to same offensive pressing used early in the season but with difference that the team can play it for the next 17 games. If this team is as good as I think it can develop to be then we can talk 1st league next summer. If the team does not develop, then we will not have disscuss 1st league.